APPLY FOR REGISTRATION
You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is approved.
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
- Government administrative
- Private sector and military (if invited by the host jurisdiction)
- County, state, and federal agency personnel who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents or Type 3 incidents.
Enhance your Incident Command skills, with a special focus on new concepts of the Incident Command System (ICS). The training and resources provided in this course will assist personnel who require advanced application of the ICS. The course will also benefit any person who has a responsibility to function in a command post managing an expanding incident.
You will participate in group activities that introduce the development of the Incident Action Plan (IAP) and demonstrate the interactions between the Command and General Staff sections of the ICS.
- IS-100.b, FEMA Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS-100
- IS-200.b, FEMA Incident Command System for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents, ICS-200
- IS-700.a, Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- IS-800.b, National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction
Experience using concepts and principles from ICS-100 and ICS-200 in a response or exercise
- How the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Command and Management component supports the management of expanding incidents
- The incident/event management process for supervisors and expanding incidents as prescribed by the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Implementing the incident management process at a simulated incident.
- Developing an Incident Action Plan (IAP) for a simulated incident.